Small spaces can be the bane of any flat-dweller’s life, and the most challenging to refurbish for Interior designers as all interior design companies in Dubai can vouch for. When it comes to the daunting task of decking up a small room, with choices galore compounded with a cramped space, a little forethought is prudent. Your goal is to create an illusion of open space and not clutter up the already confined leg-room. However, these clever design inspirations would help you ward off the renovation dilemma and create a beautiful living quarter:
- Choosing a sharp palette would greatly expand the space, such as bright chintzes mixed with colorful plaids, neon green, electric blue, and sunshine yellow or leafy green. Color combinations with negative spaces in between would also enhance the space’s clarity and openness. Choose pieces that are interesting on their own, such as a patterned chair, modern coffee table or a standalone shelving unit, in vibrant hues of red or green. Try to use translucent tables to give the room an uncluttered feel.
- You can add splashes of colors to unexpected places, such as the insides of a shelf, a windowsill, or the radiator to infuse vibrancy in your room. If you have a foyer hall, it can be painted in bold colors and the living room eased in to a softer palette to make it look more spacious in comparison. Color is the most wonderful decorating element and can be added to a room in many non-paint ways as well, such as by painting canvases, hanging fabrics or tapestries or using wall decals.
- Painting one wall in darker shades than the other walls can make the bolder wall appear to recede. The focal wall would work wonders in confined spaces. Walls can also be covered with exquisite wall papers to augment the sophistication of the room.
- When it comes to decorating an open room, one that serves versatile purposes, choose a color scheme that would work well with its various functions. E.g. A rich shade of magenta would incorporate a hint of modernity and warm coziness to a living room, which would provide an amicable ambience for working, dining and entertainment.
- Gorgeous faux finishes and special methods can infuse character to even a tiny room. By painting the ceiling in a darker hue and extending the same color down the walls about 14”, or creating metallic stripes on the wall using a lighter color, could really enhance the appearance and openness of the room. Refrain from toting up dark hues to the bottom of the wall as it could greatly weigh it down.
- Residential interior design often makes use of paneling and closets in Dubai to add depth and texture to a room.